Monday, October 17, 2016

Kuching Street food

I was planning to take bus to Semmengoh Wildlife park, I decided to go to the hawker centre near the bus stop.

Having Kolo Mee at Sin Kwang Heng's hawker centre in Open Air Market.

 Below a plate of the unique Sarawak Laksa at Sin Kwang Heng. It's very different from those in peninsular Malaysia.
 Having a bowl of Chendul in Sarawak. I wonder if it's called Sarawak Chendul? or just Chendul made in Sarawak. A bit different from the Penang version. Instead of using gula melaka, the Sarawak version uses sweet condensed milk.

Besides hawker food, I decide to try a more expensive food at the James Brooke Bistro and cafe.

 As you can see from the menu the Sarawak laksa cost 2-3 times the price of the streetfood version.
 The ambience is pretty nice, situated next to the river and having an English tea house feel.
I tried the Sir Charles Fish curry. Verdict pretty good, but not as spicy as I would like.

I didn't sample all the great food in Kuching, but from my 1st time there, I really love the Sarawak laksa, the more well known Kolo mee not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment